Working is VS Code Source

    This is the first time I am actually using VSCode.  I always had a copy of it installed but never got to use it as I was used to using Sublime Text and it really fit my needs.  Last week as part of the Lab, I finally got around to using it and it seems like a great text editor.  As of right now I haven't installed a lot of extensions.  I only have the Chrome Debugger tool installed, since it looked like a good tool to debug our usual Javascript codes.
    As I was going through the process of getting VSCode built from source I didn't really run into any issues.  Everything went smooth except for the part where I had to run the build.  For some reason it wouldn't let me do that from the terminal that was available in the VSCode.  The way I solved this issue was by just running it through the local Command Terminal.
    Before last week I had never heard of Electron.  After looking into it I realized that I basically used this app on a day-to-day basis.  I use Discord and Slack daily and wasn't aware they were powered by Electron.  The concept of Electron is to provide development for graphical user interfaces using front-end and back-end components that were meant for web apps.  Basically it is running on a browser without any of the browser tools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1 - DPS909

ECMA Script Testing

Release 0.2 - Bug fix